Full Professor of Clinical Developmental Psychology
For this position we are looking for a full professor to strengthen the developmental psychopathology/child and adolescent clinical psychology side of our …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 8127 - € 8127 per maand
For this position we are looking for a full professor to strengthen the developmental psychopathology/child and adolescent clinical psychology side of our research and teaching. We are looking for a colleague who will initiate new research lines in developmental psychology, can make clear connections with our existing lines of research and teaching, and can strengthen and complement our current successful research projects and courses. In our research and teaching, the normative developmental and developmental psychopathology perspectives are intertwined. Most of our research covers the age range from early childhood to young adulthood. Our teaching is organised from a life-span developmental perspective.
You will conduct rigorous research (theory-informed to be applied to practice), share your findings through presentations and publications, and write grant applications in the spirit of team science with others within the Social Development programme. You will develop your own research lines while developing connections with colleagues from the programme. Your proficiency will strengthen and complement the expertise of the current researchers in the social development programme. Collaborations with researchers from other programmes in the Behavioural Science Institute (BSI) are also valued, as our developmental research has various connections to the work of researchers from other BSI programmes. The developmental perspective also has clear connections with the overarching BSI themes.
One of our priorities for the future is to continue our ongoing longitudinal studies, and we therefore hope that you will make ample use of the opportunities for internal collaboration on these projects. More broadly, you will contribute to the consolidation of the quantity and quality of our scientific output and the international visibility of our researchers, and you will be a mentor to junior staff and PhD candidates. As our fundamental research has clear links with practice (child care, schools, interventions), there is also room for translational research.
You will teach courses in developmental psychology and/or developmental psychopathology, and you will contribute to teaching planning and to the Task Force of the Master's programme in Health Care Psychology. Additionally, you will provide important input in the conceptualisation of our contributions to clinical teaching and the hiring of relevant instructors.
Finally, as a full professor you will contribute to management tasks related to research, teaching, and personnel within our programme and to management tasks associated with the programme for the benefit of the research and teaching institutes of which we are part (BSI and Psychology) and the Faculty of Social Sciences. You will contribute to the professional development of our faculty and PhD candidates. You will participate in management tasks such as annual progress evaluations, committee memberships, programme assessments, search committees, and recruitment activities.
We are seeking a full professor who will strengthen the developmental psychopathology/child and adolescent clinical psychology side of our research and teaching. We are looking for you if you have:
- A PhD degree in developmental psychology or a related field.
- An outstanding track record in developmental psychology (or a closely related field), as evidenced by international recognition, editorial positions, and grants/fellowships obtained.
- High-quality publications in academic journals.
- Affinity for longitudinal research in developmental science.
- Excellent qualifications in quantitative research methodology.
- Extensive experience with providing inspirational and high-quality teaching and coordination of courses and teaching programmes, as evidenced by a University Teaching Qualification (BKO) or Extended Teaching Qualification (UKO).
- A proven record of supervising doctoral candidates to successful completion.
- Proven competence in acquiring external research funding.
- Affinity and experience with knowledge dissemination and societal impact.
- A high valuation of open science practices and support replicable and reproducible research (including pre-registration and data sharing).
- An interdisciplinary attitude and interest in collaboration with other research groups.
- Ability and willingness to actively participate in management tasks related to the programme and for the benefit of the research and teaching institutes and the Faculty of Social Sciences.
- Management and leadership skills; the ability to motivate and actively engage staff members.
- A collaborative attitude; the ability to work well in a team on research and teaching.
- Excellent command of spoken and written Dutch (or the willingness to learn Dutch).
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, preferable at Cambridge Proficiency level C1.
- An academic philosophy and vision that matches the mission statement of Radboud University.
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 8.127 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 16).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: permanent contract.
- The intended start date is in consultation.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Prof. Toon Cillessen, Chair of Developmental Psychology
Tel.: +31 24 3612569 / +31 24 3615550 (secr.)
Dr Anouk Scheres, Associate Professor Developmental Psychology
Tel.: +31 24 3612549
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature