Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Full Professor of Cognitive Computing
As a new chair holder you have leadership and vision in research, education, and knowledge transfer, further shaping the AI field at the Donders Institute for …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 8127 - € 8127 per maand
As a new chair holder you have leadership and vision in research, education, and knowledge transfer, further shaping the AI field at the Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour and Radboud University as well as the contents of the BSc and MSc teaching programmes. AI research at the Donders Institute has a distinct neurocognitive focus, aiming to understand the computational principles underlying natural intelligence and implement these principles in simulated and physical AI agents.
The preferred candidate has a proven track record in brain-inspired cognitive computing that will further our understanding of learning mechanisms in biological systems and drive the development of the next generation of intelligent machines in simulations and/or physical settings. Research areas may include, but are not limited to brain-inspired computing, computational neuroscience, sensorimotor control, and/or cognitive robotics, which naturally link to other research at the Donders Institute. As a new chair holder, you can capitalise on the resources provided by the research embedded in the Donders Institute, including a high-performance computing cluster, robot lab, neuroimaging labs (EEG, MRI, TMS, MEG), virtual reality lab, brain-computer interfacing lab, baby lab, eye tracking and motion tracking devices (www.ru.nl/donders/research/infrastructure/facilities/). It will be your responsibility to attract research projects based on indirect government funding and contract research funding.
The area of AI has seen a tradition of a healthy cross-fertilisation of fundamental scientific investigation and technological developments in industry, and many inventions create value for society or challenge current structures. You have a keen eye for these issues and have developed a vision to enable and steer them, and to help students find their way in this landscape.
You will organise and deliver teaching in both Bachelor's and Master's phases of the AI teaching programme, which is growing rapidly in terms of student numbers. At the managerial level, you will be jointly responsible for the teaching programme and hold membership of various committees at the DCC, the School of Artificial Intelligence, the Faculty of Social Sciences and/or the University at large.
You must hold a doctoral degree and excel in the fields of teaching and research.
- A broad knowledge of the discipline of AI, and extensive research experience in brain-inspired cognitive computing.
- Excellent international standing as evidenced by prestigious grants/fellowships, publications, presentations, and supervised PhD students and Postdocs.
- A Dutch senior university teaching qualification, or an equivalent qualification, or the intention to acquire one; and experience with coordinating courses and managing educational programmes.
- A network of contacts in industry and society at large and experience with creating value for society and disseminating scientific knowledge to a broad audience.
- The ability and enthusiasm to work in a team.
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 8,127 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale H2).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: depending on experience, you will be granted tenure either immediately or upon a positive review after an initial temporary appointment.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
M.A.J. van Gerven, Professor of Artificial Cognitive Systems, Chair of the AI Department
Tel.: +31 24 365 59 31
W.P. Medendorp, Director of the Donders Centre for Cognition
Tel.: +31 24 361 6 041