1 dag geleden - Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen (RUN) - Nijmegen
Full Professor Work, Health and Performance
The professorship will be embedded in the Behavioural Science Institute (BSI) and the School of Psychology (PSY), both part of Radboud University’s …
- Comeniuslaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 38 uur
- € 7921 - € 7921 per maand
The professorship will be embedded in the Behavioural Science Institute (BSI) and the School of Psychology (PSY), both part of Radboud University’s Faculty of Social Sciences.
The Work, Health and Performance (WHP) research programme comprises two strongly interrelated research lines: ‘stress, fatigue and recovery’, and ‘motivation and performance’. Our fundamental research goal is to increase our understanding of the relationships between work, health, and performance, and the underlying motivational, cognitive-affective and behavioural processes. Our applied research goal is to provide evidence-based guidelines and interventions to design healthy work, to prevent stress, burnout, and unhealthy behaviour, and to promote recovery, a healthy life style, work motivation, and performance in the context of prolonged working lives.
We are seeking a professor who can contribute to one or more of our research areas, for example:
1. the reciprocal relationships between work, health and/or performance, and the underlying processes;
2. the promotion of health behaviours (e.g., reducing physical inactivity and sedentary work; improving physical activity, recovery, and sleep);
3. prevention, intervention and/or implementation research contributing to sustainable work in a healthy work environment.
With regards to teaching, the professorship will be an integral part of the teaching programme, which focuses on three areas: 1) work and health psychology, 2) personnel psychology (including HRM), and 3) organisational psychology.
- a PhD degree in Behavioural, Social or Occupational Health Sciences;
- a clear and appealing vision on the future of research on work, health and/or performance;
- an excellent academic track record, as evidenced by high impact publications, grants/fellowships obtained, editorial positions, and international recognition;
- a proven track record of acquisition of external research funds;
- proven qualifications in quantitative research methodology;
- a strong record of supervising doctoral students to successful completion;
- affinity and experience with knowledge dissemination and translational science;
- an interdisciplinary attitude and strong orientation towards collaboration with other research groups;
- an excellent teaching record and the ability to coordinate courses and teaching programmes, as evidenced by a certificate, such as the (Senior) University Teaching Qualification (BKO/UKO);
- the ability and willingness to conduct management tasks, necessary to be a successful group leader; experience with managing a research and/or teaching programme;
- excellent command of spoken and written Dutch (or the willingness to learn Dutch within two years) and an excellent command of spoken and written English, preferable at Cambridge Proficiency level C2.
Please note that not only Full Professors but also advanced Associate Professors who are ready for the next step in their career are invited to apply.
- employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE
- a maximum gross monthly salary of € 7,921 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 16)
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- duration of the contract: indefinite period
- Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO): Full Professor, Level 2 (Hoogleraar 2)
- you will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service where our Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation
A more detailed profile of this Chair is available on request. Please send your request to Diana de Ruiter (email@example.com).
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Prof. Sabine Geurts, Full Professor Work and Organizational Psychology
Telefoon: +31 24 361 25 36
Prof. dr. Toon Cillessen, Director Behavioural Science Institute
Telefoon: +31 24 362 25 69
No commercial propositions please.