Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
PhD candidate at the Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour
As a PhD candidate, you will work on interdisciplinary projects combining computational neuroscience and machine learning in order to gain insight into the …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
- € 2972 - € 2972 per maand
As a PhD candidate, you will work on interdisciplinary projects combining computational neuroscience and machine learning in order to gain insight into the computational principles of information processing in the primate visual system. The main element of the work will include the development of and experiments with deep (recurrent) neural network models, simulated agents, and theoretical work aimed at better understanding which representational features emerge in the model system. The computational work is compared against large-scale data from neuroscience experiments, including functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI), as well as high-density electrophysiological recordings and behavioural experiments. Furthermore your work includes dissemination of the scientific results in high-impact outlets, assistance with the preparation of research grants, and the release of open datasets and analysis tools.
- A Master's degree in machine learning, computational neuroscience, and/or cognitive science.
- A passion for cognitive computational neuroscience and visual information processing in the brain.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, as well as critical thinking.
- Advanced programming skills such as Python and/or Matlab (required).
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow and Pytorch (desirable).
- Experience with electrophysiological/neuroimaging data is a plus.
- High proficiency in spoken and written English.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- The willingness to learn in an interdisciplinary setting.
- Employment: 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 2.972 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale P).
- The gross starting salary amounts to €2,325 per month, and will increase to €2,972 in the fourth year (p scale)
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: you will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years.
- The intended start date is 1 March 2020.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
- You will be part of the Donders Graduate School for Cognitive Neuroscience.
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Dr. Tim Kietzmann, Assistant Professor
Tel.: +31 24 361 2554
Dr. Marcel van Gerven, Professor
Tel.: +31 24 365 5931