Ongeveer 7 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
PhD Candidate: Commercialising University-Born Innovations
As a PhD candidate you will work on a research project that aims to investigate how academic entrepreneurs and their stakeholders commercialise university- …
- Comeniuslaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 38 uur
As a PhD candidate you will work on a research project that aims to investigate how academic entrepreneurs and their stakeholders commercialise university-born innovations. The study will take an ecosystem perspective on innovation commercialisation that is emerging in both innovation practice and theory, but that is still not fully understood. The project aims to further this perspective by integrating it with recent insights from framing literature and effectuation theory. Using a mixture of qualitative and quantitative methods, the empirical part of the project studies innovations from Radboud University, Delft University of Technology, and the University of Cambridge. For these innovations, relevant stakeholders will be identified, as well as their perceptions and acceptance of the innovation.
Next, the project will study how different framing of the innovation influences perceptions that stakeholders hold about the innovation. Finally, the study will focus on the question of how universities and their technology transfer offices can enable or inhibit the successful commercialisation of university-born innovations. The project should result in an improved framework of innovation commercialisation that will enable us to analyse innovation commercialisation in follow-up studies at other universities and in other contexts.
- a Master’s degree in business administration, innovation management, science and technology management, healthcare technology management, or another relevant field;
- excellence in conceptual and analytical thinking;
- a strong affinity with technological innovation;
- a strong interest and experience in academic research in the social sciences;
- strong methodological skills, both quantitative and qualitative. Experience with conducting research in complex, multi-stakeholder settings will be valued;
- excellent writing skills (in English) as evidenced by writing samples (e.g. a chapter from your Master’s thesis or a conference paper);
- the ability to work in a diverse research team and a willingness to take initiative.
- employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE
- the gross starting salary amounts to €2,266 per month, and will increase to €2,897 in the fourth year (salary scale P)
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- your performance will be evaluated after 18 months. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years
- you will be classified as a PhD Candidate (Promovendus) in the Dutch university job-ranking system;
- you will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service where our Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation
This vacancy was originally published in May. Applicants who were rejected at the time are kindly requested not to apply again.
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Prof. B. Hillebrand, Associate Professor
Dr. P. Driessen, Assistant Professor
No commercial propositions please.