Ongeveer 5 uur geleden - Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA) - Amsterdam
PhD Candidate: Continuous Molecular Beams for Ultrafast Spectroscopy
We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented PhD candidate with a strong interest in molecular physics, in particular ultrafast dynamics in cold and …
- Comeniuslaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 2972 - € 2972 per maand
We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented PhD candidate with a strong interest in molecular physics, in particular ultrafast dynamics in cold and controlled gas-phase molecules.
In this project, you will develop novel electrostatic tools to create conformer-selected continuous molecular beams [1,2]. This will involve the development of novel molecular beam sources, as well as the design and implementation of electrostatic devices to control these beams through the Stark interaction . The produced controlled samples will then be used in various ultrafast spectroscopy experiments, investigating how small structural variations influence the underlying photochemistry and relaxation dynamics. Experiments will be conducted at the ultrafast laser facilities in Nijmegen, as well as at central facilities in Nijmegen (the FELIX IR free-electron laser) and worldwide (HHG and free-electron laser sources).
 Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 53, 11965 (2014)
 Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 57, 13775 (2018)
 Int. Rev. Phys. Chem. 34, 557 (2015)
- excellent Master’s degree in physical chemistry, molecular physics, ultrafast optics/photonics, or a related field;
- experience with high-vacuum systems, high-voltage electronics, (ultrafast) lasers or gas-phase spectroscopy is desirable;
- a keen interest in conducting cutting-edge research;
- a good command of spoken and written English.
- employment: 1.0 FTE
- a maximum gross monthly salary of € 2,972 based on a 38-hour working week
- the gross starting salary amounts to €2,325 per month, and will increase to €2,972 in the fourth year
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- duration of the contract: 4 years
- your performance will be evaluated after 18 months. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years
- you will be classified as a PhD Candidate (promovendus) in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO);
- you will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service where our Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation
he IMM values a diverse workforce. Female candidates are therefore particularly encouraged to apply.
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Daniel Horke, Assistant Professor
Telefoon: +31 24 3652688
No commercial propositions please.