3 dagen geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
PhD Candidate for Experimental Reaction Dynamics
As a PhD Candidate you will study the gas phase hydrogenation reaction of CO2 over metallic clusters with the main goal being to gain fundamental insight into …
- Comeniuslaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 2897 - € 2897 per maand
As a PhD Candidate you will study the gas phase hydrogenation reaction of CO2 over metallic clusters with the main goal being to gain fundamental insight into the initial elementary steps in the catalytic conversion of CO2 into useful chemicals. Your work will be a combined experimental-theoretical approach, but will predominantly entail experimental research, in which you will use the FELIX free-electron lasers to study the reaction products of CO2 interacting with other molecules on the surface of gas-phase metal clusters. A second PhD candidate on this project based in Leiden will use a complementary approach and towards the end the two PhD projects will merge through a combined study. Supplementary quantum chemical computations will be performed by a postdoctoral candidate.
- an MSc degree in chemical physics or physical chemistry;
- a strong affinity with experimental research;
- a basic knowledge of or experience with vacuum, mass-spectroscopy and/or laser-based techniques is beneficial.
- employment: 1.0 FTE
- a maximum gross monthly salary of € 2,897 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale p)
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- the gross starting salary amounts to €2,266 per month, and will increase to €2,897 in the fourth year
- you will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years
- you will be classified as a PhD Candidate in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO)
- you will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service where our Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation
The Faculty of Science is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and as such encourages applications from women and minorities.
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Dr. J.M. (Joost) Bakker, FELIX Laboratory
Telefoon: +31 24 3652131
No commercial propositions please.