Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
PhD Candidate for Hyperpolarized and 1H Fast MAS NMR Spectroscopy
As a PhD Candidate you will work on the project for Hyperpolarized and 1H Fast MAS NMR Spectroscopy. The main goal of the project is the development of …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 2972 - € 2972 per maand
As a PhD Candidate you will work on the project for Hyperpolarized and 1H Fast MAS NMR Spectroscopy. The main goal of the project is the development of hyperpolarized and 1H ultrafast MAS NMR spectroscopy for the study of performance polymers, in particular focusing on their surface functionalization. We will capitalize on two important methodological developments that can remedy shortcomings of NMR for studying complex polymer systems. We will develop Ultrafast (greater than 100 kHz) magic angle spinning (MAS) NMR combined with sophisticated rf pulse schemes for high resolution NMR of protons in the solid-state. Furthermore, we aim to optimize and extend Dynamic Nuclear Polarization (DNP) methodology for the study of low gamma nuclei in polymeric systems and finishes.
- You have a MSc in Chemistry or Physics or a related discipline.
- You are an enthusiastic candidate with a solid background in NMR spectroscopy and an affinity for ‘out of the box’ methodology development focusing on potential applications in polymer science.
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 2,972 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale P).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience. the starting salary is €2,325 per month on a full-time basis, ththe salary will increase to €2,972 per month in the fourth year (P scale)
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: your performance will be evaluated after 18 months. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Prof.dr. A.P.M. Kentgens,
Tel.: +31 24 3652078