1 dag geleden - Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA) - Amsterdam
The Institute for Logic, Language and Computation (ILLC) is looking to fill one postdoc position in Language and Computation within the project EXPRESS: From …
In this ambitious project, you will make use of state-of-the-art next-generation sequencing technology in the Stunnenberg lab to discover and validate novel DNA methylation biomarkers circulating in the blood of cancer patients with glioma, a ...
In this ambitious project, you will make use of state-of-the-art next-generation sequencing technology in the Stunnenberg lab to discover and validate novel DNA methylation biomarkers circulating in the blood of cancer patients with glioma, a devastating and progressive brain tumour. You will also perform bioinformatic data analysis. As part of the AiPBAND Training Network you will participate in international collaborations and training throughout Europe. You will also have the opportunity to develop novel ideas.
- a Master’s degree in molecular or cellular biology, molecular life sciences or a related field;
- experience in one or more of the following areas: molecular biology techniques, next-generation sequencing, (mammalian) genomics and gene regulation and computational analysis;
- strong analytical skills, a problem-solving and a result-oriented attitude;
- creative and innovative thinking and a business-oriented mind-set;
- the ability to work and interact with others in the institute and in the ITN network;
- you lived/studied/worked in the Netherlands for no more than 12 months in the last 3 years (as per European Commission’s mobility rule).
- you will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years
- you will be classified as a PhD Candidate in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO)
the gross starting salary amounts to €2,222 per month, and will increase to €2,840 in the fourth year
The Faculty of Science is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and as such encourages applications from women and minorities.
Prof. dr. Henk Stunnenberg
+31 24 3610524
molbio.science.ru.nl ; molbio.science.ru.nl/about/molecular-biology/henk-stunnenberg/
Strategically located in Europe, Radboud University is one of the leading academic communities in the Netherlands. A place with a personal touch, where top-flight education and research take place on a beautiful green campus in modern buildings with state-of-art facilities.Faculty of Science
You will join our internationally renowned research team at the Department of Molecular Biology, Radboud Institute for Molecular Life Sciences (RIMLS), Faculty of Science, Radboud University Nijmegen (Netherlands). We offer a first-class international research environment in the regulation of gene expression and epigenetics using state-of-the-art genomic and proteomic technologies and bioinformatics. We run next-generation sequencers, single-cell equipment, and mass spectrometers, and we accommodate a bioinformatics team and a local computational infrastructure. The research position is offered in the context of AiPBAND, a Marie Curie ITN network. You will participate in multiple training workshops offered by the various laboratories that are associated with the network.
No commercial propositions please.