PhD Candidate for Reaction Mechanism Research
The project aims to develop new approaches for the investigation of reaction mechanisms. You will learn and later improve our strategies to trap and …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
- € 2972 - € 2972 per maand
The project aims to develop new approaches for the investigation of reaction mechanisms. You will learn and later improve our strategies to trap and characterise reaction intermediates in organometallic reactions by mass spectrometry. In addition, you will investigate the reactions by NMR spectroscopy, GC chromatography and by UV-vis spectrometry. You will focus on homogeneous nickel-catalysed reactions involving activation of small molecules such as CO2. The project will run within the framework of the NWO start-up grant awarded to Prof. Roithova. For relevant literature, see: Acc. Chem. Res. 2016, 49, 223; J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2017, 139, 2757; Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2019, https://doi.org/10.1002/anie.201906293.
- Master’s degree in chemistry (good knowledge of organic and physical chemistry).
- Curiosity to explore new reactions and new approaches in chemistry.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Employment: 40 hours per week.
- The gross starting salary amounts to €2,325 per month, and will increase to €2,972 in the fourth year (P scale).
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: You will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Prof. dr J. Roithová,
Tel.: +31 24 3653006
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature