Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
PhD Candidate for Single-Cell Gene Expression Dynamics
As a PhD candidate, your aim is to identify core post-transcriptional programmes that impact on gene expression variability and ultimately cellular function. …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 2972 - € 2972 per maand
As a PhD candidate, your aim is to identify core post-transcriptional programmes that impact on gene expression variability and ultimately cellular function. You will work on identifying the physical parameters, as well as circuit architectures (i.e. feedback mechanisms) governing gene expression dynamics in mammalian cells. In the first few months you will familiarise yourself with the field and develop a more detailed project outline. Throughout the project, you will gain extensive proficiency in the most current cell-free biochemistry, single-molecule and live-cell microscopy, and mathematical modelling techniques. You will communicate your findings through research articles during the course of your PhD. In addition to your research activities, you will be part of the educational programme of the Institute of Molecules and Materials, where you will develop various critical soft skills such as ethics, planning, and teaching. You will also develop your own scientific voice, as well as broaden and deepen your knowledge of the field of research by participating in symposia and conferences.
For recent work see: Cell, 2018, 173, 1609: Cell Syst., 2018, 7, 384; Nature Nanotech., 2016, 11, 191.
- You have an MSc degree in life sciences (molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, bioengineering or a related field).
- You have strong communication skills and the willingness to operate in a dynamic, international research team.
- You are proficient in written and spoken English. You are creative with an analytical mindset and want to work at the forefront of science.
- You are a team player.
- Computational (i.e. mathematical modelling, image analysis) and/or wet lab (i.e. mammalian cell culture, cloning) experience would be advantageous.
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 2.972 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale P).
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: you will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Dr. Maike Hansen,