Ongeveer 17 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
PhD Candidate for Supercritical Chromatography Hyphenated with Hyperpolarised NMR
As a PhD candidate you will work within an ongoing project. The main goal is to develop and optimise a hyphenated setup combining supercritical chromatography …
- Comeniuslaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 2897 - € 2897 per maand
As a PhD candidate you will work within an ongoing project. The main goal is to develop and optimise a hyphenated setup combining supercritical chromatography with DNP-NMR to provide a fast analytical tool to study complex mixtures with superior information content. At present a Gyrotron mm-wave source operating at 395 GHz is available for this purpose, coupled to a 600 MHz NMR spectrometer and a 263 GHz klystron (EIO) coupled to a 400 MHz NMR spectrometer. These setups will be developed further in this project, particularly in terms of probe technology and NMR approach.
- you have an MSc in Chemistry or Physics or a related discipline;
- you are an enthusiastic candidate with a solid background in physical chemistry and with an affinity for out-of-the-box methodology development.
- employment: 1.0 FTE
- a maximum gross monthly salary of € 2,897 based on a 38-hour working week
- the gross starting salary amounts to €2,266 per month, and will increase to €2,897 in the fourth year (P scale)
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- you will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years
- you will be classified as a PhD Candidate in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO);
- you will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service where our Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation
The Faculty of Science is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and as such encourages applications from women and minorities.
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Prof.dr. A.P.M. Kentgens
Telefoon: +31 24 3652078
M.C. de With, Secretary Solid State NMR
Telefoon: +31 24 3652678
No commercial propositions please.