During this project you will develop and exploit an experimental setup able to measure the spatial diffusion of photo-excited electron-hole pairs (excitons) …
PhD Candidate for Total Safety Solution for High-risk Professionals
As a PhD candidate you will work on a project within the department of Analytical Chemistry. The PhD project is conducted together with Teijin, and aims at …
- Comeniuslaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 38 uur
- € 2897 - € 2897 per maand
As a PhD candidate you will work on a project within the department of Analytical Chemistry. The PhD project is conducted together with Teijin, and aims at developing measurements and sensors of professionals in high-risk environments (Fire Department, Police) to measure, assess and manage their safety in real-time during operations, and on a higher level throughout their career. This requires implementation of smart sensors on their professional equipment and local measurements of the worker’s health and their environment. The project will primarily involve the development of advanced data analysis methods, to be embedded in new robust analysis technology solutions. The candidate will closely interact with the researchers, companies and professionals involved in the project. We expect a strongly result-oriented attitude from the candidate to provide increased safety to high-risk professionals, together with a well-developed academic curiosity to bring analytical technology to the next level.
- advanced skills in (multivariate) data processing, analysis and integration, machine learning, data science or relevant fields of applied statistics;
- experience in a data analysis programming language like MATLAB, R or Python; an open mind in collaboration with professionals from industry, technology providers and safety institutions;
- a work attitude focused on innovative academic research and working together with data analysis developers that work in several fields of application;
- this needs to be combined with finding practical solutions together with stakeholders from industry and the safety workers themselves.
- employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE
- a maximum gross monthly salary of € 2,897 based on a 38-hour working week
- the gross starting salary amounts to €2,266 per month, and will increase to €2,897 in the fourth year (P scale)
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- duration of the contract: you will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years;
you will be classified as a PhD Candidate in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO);
- you will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service where our Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation
Radboud University’s Faculty of Science is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and as such encourages applications from women and minorities.
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Jeroen Jansen, Assistant Professor & Acting Head of Department
Telefoon: +316 21 553 444
Geert Postma, Senior Researcher
Telefoon: +3124 3653180
No commercial propositions please.