Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
PhD Candidate for Transfer Learning for Federated Search
We are looking for a PhD candidate to join the Data Science group at Radboud University for an exciting new project on transfer learning for language …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 2972 - € 2972 per maand
We are looking for a PhD candidate to join the Data Science group at Radboud University for an exciting new project on transfer learning for language modelling with an application for federated search. Transfer learning learns general purpose language models from huge datasets, such as web crawls, and then trains the models further on smaller datasets for a specific task. Transfer learning in NLP has successfully used pre-trained word-embeddings for several tasks. Although the success of word embeddings on search tasks has been limited, recently pre-trained general purpose language representations such as BERT and ELMo have been successful on several search tasks, including question answering tasks and conversational search tasks. Resource descriptions in federated search consist of samples of the full data that are sparser than full resource representations. This raises the question of how to infer vocabulary that is missing from the sampled data. A promising approach comes from transfer learning from pre-trained language representations. An open question is how to effectively and efficiently apply those pre-trained representations and how to adapt them to the domain of federated search. In this project, you will use pre-trained language models, and further train those models for a (federated) search task. You will evaluate the quality of those models as part of international evaluation conferences like the Text Retrieval Conference (TREC) and the Conference and Labs of the Evaluation Forum (CLEF). Real world applications of federated search are pursued in cooperation with Sound and Vision in the Netherlands by contributing to a federated search engine for images from a large number of Dutch municipalities and museums.
- An MSc degree in computer science or a related field.
- Excellent programming skills.
- Good social skills and a good command of spoken and written English.
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 2.972 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale P).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience. The starting salary is €2,325 per month on a full-time basis, the salary will increase to €2,972 per month in the fourth year (P scale)
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: your performance will be evaluated after 18 months. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Prof. dr. ir. Djoerd Hiemstra,
Tel.: +31 24 3652719
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature