PhD Candidate for Tunable Synthetic Immune Niches
Immunological responses are much more effective when they are properly targeted and timed. In this project, we will develop synthetic materials that are able …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
- € 2972 - € 2972 per maand
Immunological responses are much more effective when they are properly targeted and timed. In this project, we will develop synthetic materials that are able to initiate such well-defined responses anywhere in the body. The project is part of a collaboration between the Molecular Materials group at the Institute for Molecules and Materials (IMM) and the Tumour Immunology group headed by Prof. Carl Figdor (RUMC).
As PhD candidate in the Molecular Materials group, you will develop new materials with chemistries for on-demand activation. Our group has ample experience with soft, functional materials for biological applications. The developed materials and strategies will be tested in vitro and in vivo in close collaboration with the Tumour Immunology group.
- Master’s degree in chemistry and ample experience with synthetic organic chemistry.
- Affinity for materials science and/or biological application of synthetic materials. Good collaborative skills.
- Bright and original ideas.
- A good command of spoken and written English.
- Employment: - 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 2.972 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale P).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience. The gross starting salary amounts to €2,325 per month, and will increase to €2,972 in the fourth year (p scale).
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: you will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
dr. P.H.j. Kouwer, assistant professor
Tel.: +31 24 3652464