PhD Candidate in Constrained Higher-order Term Writing
As a PhD Candidate, you will conduct research into higher-order term rewriting systems with logical constraints. This project brings together two different …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 2972 - € 2972 per maand
As a PhD Candidate, you will conduct research into higher-order term rewriting systems with logical constraints. This project brings together two different areas of theoretical computer science: higher-order term rewriting and program analysis, and in particular analysis of functional programming languages.
Term rewriting is a formal system that can be used to specify algorithms. Its simple, rigorous definition makes it very suitable for formal analysis, and as a result, its properties are well studied. Higher-order term rewriting extends standard term rewriting with anonymous functions and binders as in the lambda-calculus, thus providing a highly liberal class of systems.
Term rewriting can be combined with a logical theory and logical constraints; for example, integer numbers and conditions such conditions such as (x > 1) && (y != x).
With this approach, it is possible to model programs in common programming languages; higher-order programming languages in particular offer a natural model to analyse functional programming languages.
In this project, your task will be to develop techniques to analyse properties of higher-order programming languages with logical constraints, and apply these techniques towards program analysis. You can build on several existing approaches, but will have the freedom to define your own direction.
You will be supervised by dr. Cynthia Kop. If you wish to learn more, feel free to send an email to C.Kop@cs.ru.nl .
- You hold an Msc or equivalent degree in computer science, mathematics or a closely related field.
- You are able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- You are proficient in English (Dutch is not required). Prior knowledge of term rewriting is not required.
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 2.972 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale P).
- the gross starting salary amounts to €2,325 per month, and will increase to €2,972 in the fourth year (p scale).
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: you will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Dr. Cynthia Kop, Assistant Professor
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature