1 dag geleden - Universiteit Twente (UT) - Enschede
PhD Candidate in Strategic Management
The Chair group of Strategic Management at the Nijmegen School of Management invites applications for a PhD position. The position is part of the Centre for …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
- € 2972 - € 2972 per maand
The Chair group of Strategic Management at the Nijmegen School of Management invites applications for a PhD position. The position is part of the Centre for Responsible Organisation Competencies and Sustainability, will be supervised by Prof. Hans van Kranenburg and Dr. Sjors Witjes and is funded by Radboud Services. Gerard van Assem and Lysbeth Santema will be the supervisors from the Radboud Services organisation.
This transdisciplinary participatory action research project takes the reorganisation of Radboud Services as a case study to investigate under which conditions reflection between academics and non-academics contributes to the successful implementation of strategic decisions on organisational change. Reflection, as part of transdisciplinary research, is the process that critically examines the epistemological principles and normative assumptions underlying the scientific theories and methods used as well as the status and role of scientific knowledge amidst other values and forms of knowing. Few studies exist on the operationalisation of reflection within research on organisational change. While aiming for meaningful outcomes for the organisational change assignment of the case study organisation and for a contribution to related theories on organisational change in public organisations, this PhD project consists of a literature study and data gathering while taking an active part in the organisational change process of the Radboud Services organisation.
Your task will be to collect data, conduct research, write scientific articles, and complete a PhD thesis in time. You will also participate in conferences, workshops and other scholarly and valorisation activities.
- A Master's degree in Strategic Management, Organisational Psychology or a related field in the social sciences.
- Academic excellence, as demonstrated by grade transcripts and CV.
- A solid understanding of both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Excellent command of spoken and written Dutch (native language).
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- The ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- The ability to finish your PhD thesis in time, which requires strong skills in project management, creativity, proactive behaviour, resilience, and excellent academic writing skills.
- Employment: 40 hours per week.
- The gross starting salary amounts to €2,325 per month, and will increase to €2,972 in the fourth year (P scale).
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: You will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years (4 year contract).
- The intended start date is 1 December 2019.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Prof. H.L. (Hans) van Kranenburg, Strategic Management
Dr. ir. S. (Sjors) Witjes, Assistant Professor of Strategic Management
Tel.: + 31 24 361 11 89