PhD Candidate in Survival Analysis
Survival analysis is a branch of applied statistical modelling and inference which seeks to model time-to-event data, which are very common in medicine. As a …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
- € 2972 - € 2972 per maand
Survival analysis is a branch of applied statistical modelling and inference which seeks to model time-to-event data, which are very common in medicine. As a PhD candidate, you will carry out research on survival analysis models for heterogeneous patient cohorts or diseases (e.g. frailty or latent class models, with emphasis on high-dimensional data), using mathematical, statistical and information-theoretic methods, as well as methods from statistical physics (e.g. the replica method). This research project is driven by the data analytics needs of modern medicine, which increasingly aims to target treatment to specific patient subgroups. We therefore envisage engaging data analytics in applying our innovations to real medical data. You will be expected to be comfortable working and discussing with researchers from different discipline backgrounds (mathematics, physics, statistics and medicine), and to have affinity for innovative mathematical, statistical and computational modelling as well as medical applications of new models and methods. You will also be expected to contribute to the supervision of MSc projects within the Faculty of Science and/or Radboud university medical center.
- Undergraduate degree, at Merit or Distinction level, in Mathematics, Statistics or Theoretical Physics.
- Genuine affinity for working on medical data.
- Good spoken and written command of the English language.
- Employment: 40 hours per week.
- The gross starting salary amounts to €2,325 per month, and will increase to €2,972 in the fourth year (salary scale P).
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: you will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years.
- You may expect to be asked to present your work at relevant scientific workshops in due course.
- The intended start date is 28 September 2020.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Ton Coolen, Professor
Tel.: +31 24 3614245
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature