Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
PhD Candidate: Inner Speech in Children with Developmental Language Disorder
The title of this 4-year PhD project is 'The role of inner speech in the development of executive functioning and theory of mind in children with …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
The title of this 4-year PhD project is 'The role of inner speech in the development of executive functioning and theory of mind in children with developmental language disorder (DLD)'. Many children with DLD not only have problems in their language development, but also in their executive functioning (EF) or theory-of-mind (ToM) development. The present project aims to find out to what extent these problems in EF and ToM are interrelated with problems in inner speech development. The candidate will study children with DLD between 8 and 12 years old, and investigate to what extent problems in inner speech can be linked to the cognitive-linguistic profile of the children in a longitudinal study. Subsequent intervention studies will be conducted in stimulating inner speech in relation to EF and ToM.
Your task will be to collect data, conduct research, to write scientific articles, and to complete a PhD thesis in time. You will also participate in conferences, workshops and other scholarly and knowledge transfer activities, and contribute to teaching.
- A Research Master’s degree in Cognitive Neuroscience, Developmental Neuropsychology, Psycholinguistics, Behavioural Science, Educational Psychology, or another relevant study.
- Broad experience with quantitative research.
- Outstanding methodological and analytical qualities, and experience with collecting and analysing data.
- Excellent oral and writing skills in Dutch and English.
- Organisational talent, accompanied by independence and perseverance.
- Affinity with and understanding of the target group of children with developmental language disorders.
- An independent, flexible and proactive work style.
- An affinity for challenges.
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- The gross starting salary amounts to €2,325 per month, and will increase to €2,972 in the fourth year (p scale).
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: you will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years.
- The intended start date is 1 February 2020.
- As part of the contract, you will participate in teaching for approximately 10% of your work time.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Eliane Segers, Full Professor
Tel.: +31 24 361 28 22 (secr)
Constance Vissers, Full Professor
Email: C.Vissers@kentalis.nl / email@example.com