PhD on Modulation and Multiplexing Techniques for Converged optical fiber and mm wave communications in 5G networks.
PhD Candidate on Epithelial Development and Disease Using Multi-omics Approaches
The aim of this project is to identify the key transcriptional circuitry and hierarchy that determine epithelial cell fates, specifically of epidermal and …
- Comeniuslaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 2840 - € 2840 per maand
The aim of this project is to identify the key transcriptional circuitry and hierarchy that determine epithelial cell fates, specifically of epidermal and corneal limbal cells, and those affected in disease. As a PhD student you will perform analyses of transcriptomics, epigenomics (ChIP-seq and ATAC-seq) and proteomics in combination with computational modelling (supported by our computational experts). You will use mature epidermal keratinocytes, corneal limbal/epithelial cells and induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) differentiation as cellular models for multi-omics analyses. You will integrate this multi-omics data to identify the key transcription factors and their hierarchy. Single-cell approaches such as single-cell RNA-seq may also be used in the project. You will also have the opportunity to develop novel ideas and work on an independent project that aligns with our research interests.
- a Master’s degree in molecular or cellular biology, molecular life sciences or a related field;
- experience in one or more of the following areas: molecular biology and cell biology techniques, generation and analysis of next generation sequencing data, single-cell approaches, mammalian genomics and gene regulation;
- experience in stem cell culture and/or computational analysis is preferred but not required;
- excellent communication skills in written and spoken English;
- strong analytical skills, and a problem-solving and result-oriented attitude;
- the ability to work and interact with others in an energetic and supportive research environment.
- employment: 1.0 FTE
- a maximum gross monthly salary of € 2,840 based on a 38-hour working week
- the gross starting salary amounts to €2,222 per month, and will increase to €2,840 in the fourth year (P scale)
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- duration of the contract: you will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years
- you will be classified as a PhD Candidate in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO)
- you will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service where our Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation
Radboud University’s Faculty of Science is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and as such encourages applications from women and minorities.
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Dr. (Jo) Huiqing Zhou
Telefoon: +31 24 3616850
No commercial propositions please.