1 dag geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Utrecht University's Faculty of Humanities is looking for a Postdoc position in the Horizon2020 project “Integrity” (0.8 FTE). Are you interested? Then please …
In this ambitious project, you will make use of recently developed technology in the Vermeulen lab to identify specific interaction partners for …
In this ambitious project, you will make use of recently developed technology in the Vermeulen lab to identify specific interaction partners for hydroxymethylated DNA sequences and deduce dissociation constants of these interactions in a proteome-wide manner in mouse embryonic stem cells. Interesting proteins will be functionally followed up on using CRISPR-Cas9 based perturbation experiments. Furthermore you will also have the opportunity to develop novel ideas.
- a Master’s degree in molecular or cellular biology, molecular life sciences or a related field;
- experience in one or more of the following areas: molecular biology techniques, next-generation sequencing, mammalian genomics and gene regulation, mass spectrometry-based proteomics and computational analysis;
- excellent communication skills in written and spoken English;
- strong analytical skills, and a problem-solving and result-oriented attitude;
- the ability to work and interact with others in an energetic and supportive research environment;
- you must not have lived, studied, or worked in the Netherlands for more than 12 months in the last 3 years (European Commission’s mobility rule).
you will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years
- you will be classified as a PhD Candidate in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO)
the gross starting salary amounts to €2,222 per month, and will increase to €2,840 in the fourth year (P scale)
The Faculty of Science is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and as such encourages applications from women and minorities.
Prof. dr. Michiel Vermeulen
+31 24 3610562
molbio.science.ru.nl ; molbio.science.ru.nl/about/molecular-biology/michiel-vermeulen/
Strategically located in Europe, Radboud University is one of the leading academic communities in the Netherlands. A place with a personal touch, where top-flight education and research take place on a beautiful green campus in modern buildings with state-of-art facilities.Faculty of Science
We are looking for a highly motivated and ambitious experimental biologist to join our research team at the Department of Molecular Biology, Radboud Institute for Molecular Life Sciences (RIMLS), Faculty of Science, Radboud University (Nijmegen, Netherlands). We offer a first-class international research environment for gene expression regulation and epigenetics using state-of-the-art genomic and proteomic technologies and bioinformatics. We run next-generation sequencers, single-cell equipment, and mass spectrometers, and we accommodate a bioinformatics team and a local computational infrastructure. The research position is offered in the context of a Marie Curi ITN network called EpiSystem. You will participate in several training workshops offered by various laboratories associated with the network.
No commercial propositions please.