Ongeveer 16 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
PhD or Postdoc Position on 'Environmental Footprints of New Technologies'
One of the major challenges in the assessment of new technologies is that environmental impacts identified for laboratory and in pilot installations are …
- Comeniuslaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
One of the major challenges in the assessment of new technologies is that environmental impacts identified for laboratory and in pilot installations are unlikely to be good representations of industrial scale implementation.
As a PhD candidate or postdoctoral researcher you will work on the project 'Environmental Footprints of New Technologies’, a collaborative project between the Department of Environmental Science and TNO. The aim of this project is to better understand the changes in environmental impacts due to technology development. Topics to be covered are the quantification of environmental changes due to size scaling as well as technological learning, and new developments in alternative technologies and the background economy. The project is funded by the Dutch organisation for applied research (TNO) and the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO).
You should hold an MSc (PhD position) or PhD (Postdoc position) degree in one of the environmental, natural or engineering sciences. Experience with environmental modelling is preferred. Important selection criteria are: strong commitment, analytical skills, modelling skills, and communication skills (especially a good command of written English).
- employment: 1.0 FTE
- Phd position: the gross starting salary amounts to €2,266 per month based on full-time employment, and will increase to €2,897 in the fourth year (P scale). Postdoc position: a maximum gross monthly salary of €4,166 based on a 38-hour working week (scale 10).
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- PhD position: you will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years. Postdoc position: you will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 1.5 years.
- you will be classified as a PhD Candidate or Postdoctoral Researcher in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO)
- you will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service where our Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Dr. Mara Hauck
Prof. Mark Huijbregts
No commercial propositions please.