PostDoc/Junior Researcher for Environmental Footprints of Upscaled Technologies
The Department of Environmental Science at Radboud University has a vacancy for a postdoctoral researcher of 2 years specialized in technology assessments in …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 4274 - € 4274 per maand
The Department of Environmental Science at Radboud University has a vacancy for a postdoctoral researcher of 2 years specialized in technology assessments in an environmental life cycle assessment (LCA) context. As a postdoc you will participate in the department’s research and educational activities, focusing on environmental modelling and LCA. The research is embedded in the EU EIT Raw Materials project Safe-Vulca, which focusses on the reduction of ZnO amount in rubber vulcanization processes for the tire industry to reduce nano-particle emissions during driving. You are expected to perform LCA on the lab and full scale process to better understand the changes in environmental impacts due to technology development. In addition, other technologies can be addressed to quantify environmental changes due to size scaling as well as technological learning using various modeling techniques. Also, as a PostDoc you will be expected to be involved in teaching in BSc/MSc courses.
- You hold a PhD or MSc in one of the environmental, natural, or engineering sciences, with knowledge on performing life cycle assessment.
- Experience with environmental modelling is preferred.
- Important selection criteria are: analytical modeling skills, team player, motivation, and communication skills (especially a good command of written English).
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 4,274 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 10).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: 1 year with the possibility of extension for 1 year.
- The intended start date is 01 November 2019.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Rosalie van Zelm, Assistant Professor
Tel.: +31 24 3652923