Ongeveer 18 uur geleden - Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen (RUN) - Nijmegen
Postdoc: Transitions towards more sustainable business models
This postdoctoral research fellowship is funded through the NWO Sustainable Business Model II programme and is based within the department of Strategic …
- Comeniuslaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 38 uur
- € 4852 - € 4852 per maand
This postdoctoral research fellowship is funded through the NWO Sustainable Business Model II programme and is based within the department of Strategic Management at Radboud University’s Nijmegen School of Management. Under supervision of Prof. Hans van Kranenburg and other members of the Strategic Management department and in collaboration with TNO, Alliander N.V., Next Generation Infrastructures (NGInfra) and their partners, the postdoctoral research fellow will examine how a sustainable business ecosystem directive may cater for a complex stakeholder field. This research will touch upon both re-design and implementation of business ecosystems; for instance, reviewing the transition goals setting, critical success factors, and required governance structure for a successful transition from the point-of-view of the variety of stakeholders and developing the required capabilities to trigger activities for concrete decision-making and implementation.
The postdoctoral research fellowship will facilitate joint strategic decision-making on a future-proof next-generation business ecosystem based on transdisciplinary, participatory action-based research, stakeholder engagement approaches, collaborative modelling workshop and assessment methods using the transition success involving the main partners of this proposal and their direct and indirect stakeholders and translating these shared strategic decisions into value propositions and decision support methods.
Relevant questions relating to the research setting include:
- In what way should organisations operating in the infrastructure sector change their current business based on this complexity to achieve sustainable multiple value creation in a complex stakeholder field?
- How can they adjust their business ecosystem to adhere to new external demands and requirements in a complex stakeholder field?
- How to include their environment/stakeholders/external interests and/or demands in a manner that contributes to sustainable (multiple) value creation for all parties involved?
- Which values do prevail when we develop technologies, resources and capabilities and governance structures that shape our future?
- either hold or be about to complete a doctoral degree in management, economics, spatial planning, environment and society, sustainability or another relevant social science;
- knowledge of and experience with quantitative and qualitative research techniques, facilitative (stakeholder) planning and modelling approaches, and transdisciplinary methodologies, and good organisational skills;
- a broad knowledge of theories on strategic stakeholder management, decision-making, governance, transition and/or sustainability management;
- an excellent command of spoken and written Dutch and English;
- good presentation skills, presenting to academic and practitioner audiences;
- organisational skills to handle day-to-day research project management tasks;
- the ability to work both independently and as part of a team, and a sensitivity to stakeholder interests.
- employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE
- a maximum gross monthly salary of € 4,852 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 11)
- the starting salary depends on working experience of the candidate
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- term of contract: 2.5 years
- you will be classified as a Researcher, Level 3 in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO)
- you will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service where our Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation
Start of contract 1 October 2018.
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Prof. dr. Hans van Kranenburg, head of department Strategic Management
Telefoon: +3124 361 20 28
Nusi Cornelissens, secretary
Telefoon: +3124 361 16 08
No commercial propositions please.