3 dagen geleden - Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG) - Groningen
Postdoctoral Position in Dutch Research Consortium 'Language in Interaction'
We are currently recruiting for a 3.5-year postdoctoral researcher position in the field of machine learning. The goal of this project “New Advances in Neural …
- Comeniuslaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 4757 - € 4757 per maand
We are currently recruiting for a 3.5-year postdoctoral researcher position in the field of machine learning.
The goal of this project “New Advances in Neural Networks for Coding of Neural Representations” is to advance the state of the art in both encoding and decoding of linguistic and semantic representations using advanced neural network architectures. To this end, we build on and significantly expand on research in this field conducted in the Artificial Cognitive Systems lab (see artcogsys.com/). You will be part of our “Big Question 1” (see www.languageininteraction.nl/BigQuestion1.html), a team science endeavour within the Language in Interaction Research Consortium to develop computational models of the mental lexicon from linguistic, psychological and neuroscience perspectives.
Your responsibility will be to develop a general computational framework for encoding and decoding neural representations. The framework will make extensive use of state-of-the-art neural networks and other machine-learning techniques, which you will develop throughout this project. The models to be developed will be based on novel and efficient deep, generative and/or recurrent neural network architectures that aim to capture biologically plausible human cognitive processing at an unprecedented level of detail. You will help develop this new research line and assist in teaching and supervising Master’s and PhD students in the ACS lab. The position also includes a small number of organisational and administrative tasks within Big Question 1 and the larger consortium.
This position provides an opportunity to conduct world-class research as a key member of an interdisciplinary team operating at the interface between artificial intelligence and cognitive neuroscience.
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate with a PhD degree in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Computational Neuroscience, or a related field of study.
- Excellent math and Python programming skills as well as research experience in modern neural networks and probabilistic machine learning approaches are required.
- Experience in cognitive neuroscience, computational neuroscience and natural language processing is desirable but not a prerequisite.
- You are committed to the development of new advanced neural network architectures and their dissemination via high-quality Python code.
- You should have an excellent scientific track record, excellent organisational, and communication skills, a strong motivation, and high proficiency in written and spoken English.
Applications from excellent candidates with a less than ideal profile will be equally considered.
Conditionsyou will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 24 months
- the Collective Labour Agreement (CAO) of Dutch Universities is applicable to this position
- you will be classified as a Researcher, level 3, as described in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO)
- the institute involved has regulations in place that enable its staff to create a good work-life balance.
the starting salary depends on qualifications and experience
The institute involved is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and as such encourages applications from women and minorities.
Additional informationProf. dr. M.A.J. van Gerven, Principal Investigator Artificial Cognitive Systems
+31 24 3655931
Dr. S.L. Frank; Assistant Professor, Big Question 1 coordinator
+31 24 3615491
www.languageininteraction.nl/ ; www.ru.nl/donders/