Postdoctoral Position in Software Science
We are looking for excellent PhD and postdoctoral candidates to work on the PrimaVera project. PrimaVera stands for 'Predictive maintenance for Very effective …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 4274 - € 4274 per maand
We are looking for excellent PhD and postdoctoral candidates to work on the PrimaVera project. PrimaVera stands for 'Predictive maintenance for Very effective asset management' and is a multidisciplinary project funded within the framework of the prestigious Dutch National Research agenda.
The overall challenge in PrimaVera is to turn the grand promises in predictive maintenance into reality. Through an effective combination of sensor techniques, big data analysis, and maintenance engineering, we want to significantly improve failure predictions to render maintenance more effective.
You will work on an effective combination of formal methods (such as fault trees, stochastic model checking) and data analytics (decision trees, Bayesian networks, neural networks, reinforcement learning, POMDPs). PrimaVera is a joint project with the Eindhoven University of Technology, University of Twente, Saxion, Hague University of Applied Sciences, Dutch Aerospace Laboratory, and several industrial partners. You will be expected to participate in a fruitful collaboration with the industrial partners, for example, by carrying out an industrial case study.
- Enthusiastic researcher with a PhD degree in Computer Science or Mathematics, (and a demonstrable interest in computer science).
- You should have a thorough theoretical background, and an interest in the verification of complex, industrial systems.
- Experience with formal methods, probability theory, data analytics, and/or maintenance is helpful.
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 4.274 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 10).
- The salary depends on education and (relevant) work experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: 1 year, with possibility of extension up tot 3 years in total.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
For more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Dr. Nils Jansen, Assistant Professor
Tel.: + 31 24 3652611
Prof. dr. Marielle Stoelinga
Tel.: + 31 24 3652069