1 dag geleden - Universiteit Twente (UT) - Enschede
Postdoctoral Researcher: Chemical Data Analysis for Health and Disease
Hospital laboratories generate vast amounts of data, which may be supplemented by data from several ‘wearable’ sensors. This data may give a comprehensive readout on ailments, diseases or other problems a patient may suffer from ...
- Comeniuslaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 38 uur
- € 4084 per maand
Hospital laboratories generate vast amounts of data, which may be supplemented by data from several ‘wearable’ sensors. This data may give a comprehensive readout on ailments, diseases or other problems a patient may suffer from. Contemporary ‘omics’ data may provide unprecedented insight into the mechanisms underlying disease progression, while appropriate pre-processing, integration and quantitative analysis of all available data may enable continuous, untargeted monitoring for health problems. You will develop methods for using high-frequency omics data for such a purpose.
- you have a background in chemometrics or another field of applied statistics;
- you are well-versed in MATLAB, R or a comparable scientific programming language;
- you have demonstrable affinity with analytical chemistry and measurement of living systems;
- you are able to work independently, playing a crucial role in an interdisciplinary research community;
- you are able to develop and maintain an academic research line, and are willing to try to acquire future funding for this research;
- you are able to turn complex problems quickly into quantifiable research output;
- you are willing to demonstrate your work both to scientific peers and to a broader audience of non-specialist researchers.
Conditionsyou will be classified as a Postdoctoral Researcher, Level 4 in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO).
Radboud University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and as such encourages applications from women and minorities.
Additional informationJeroen Jansen, Assistant Professor & Acting Head of Department
+316 21 55 34 44
Strategically located in Europe, Radboud University is one of the leading academic communities in the Netherlands. A place with a personal touch, where top-flight education and research take place on a beautiful green campus in modern buildings with state-of-art facilities.
Faculty of Science
The Department of Analytical Chemistry is a large research group exclusively focusing on chemometrics, the ‘chemical data science’. We aim to enhance and increase the functionality of analytical technology through quantitative data analysis methodology. The department currently consists of 5-9 PhD candidates, three postdoctoral researchers and several guest researchers from academia and industry. In our research we work closely together with partners from industry and governmental bodies in the application of our chemometric methods in the quantitative analysis of health, the environment, and important industrial chemical processes. Working with us means maintaining contact with many different researchers from various fields, and conducting academic research in several projects of societal relevance.
No commercial propositions please.