Postdoctoral Researcher: Compositionality in Language Production and Comprehension
We are looking for highly motivated candidates to join a research group that synthesises theories and methods from cognitive neuroscience, neural network …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 4978 - € 4978 per maand
We are looking for highly motivated candidates to join a research group that synthesises theories and methods from cognitive neuroscience, neural network modelling, cognitive psychology, and linguistics in order to understand how the brain represents and creates compositionality during language production and comprehension. The goal of the project is to collect spoken language magnetoencephalography (MEG) data and to test the limits of contemporary neural network models (viz. deep learning) against explicitly symbolic and rhythmic neural networks in predicting the oscillatory and network dynamics there in.
- A doctoral degree in cognitive science, cognitive neuroscience, computational cognitive neuroscience, computer science, mathematics, mathematical psychology, formal linguistics, or a related field.
- Affinity for quantitative analyses.
- Strong motivation.
- Excellent proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Good team spirit and team work.
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 4,978 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 11).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: You will be appointed for an initial period of 12 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, your contract will be extended by 2 years.
- The intended start date is 1 January 2020.
- You will be appointed at the Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour, Radboud University.
- Dutch Universities and the institute involved have regulations in place that enable their staff to create a good work-life balance.
- The institute involved is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and as such strongly encourages applications from underrepresented minorities.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Dr. Andrea E. Martin, Principal Investigator
Tel.: +31 24 352 15 85
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature