3 dagen geleden - Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam - Rotterdam
Job description We are expanding our team of Business Information Management faculty members to complement our ongoing research into this increasingly …
As a postdoctoral researcher you will participate in the ERC-funded Consolidator project MEDIATE. In this project you will identify, locate and supervise the …
As a postdoctoral researcher you will participate in the ERC-funded Consolidator project MEDIATE. In this project you will identify, locate and supervise the reproduction and transcription of a corpus of several hundred catalogues of Italian private libraries from the period 1665 - 1830, harvest and record relevant catalogue metadata in the project's BIBLIO database (currently under construction), contribute to the conceptual design of the BIBLIO database, and carry out one or more case studies on the Italian corpus, resulting in a monograph or a series of peer-reviewed journal articles on the topic. Furthermore you will co-supervise the PhD dissertation of the project PhD candidate on Jewish book collections, help organise the MEDIATE project's concluding international conference, and co-edit the MEDIATE project's final book publication(s).
- hold a PhD degree in early modern (book) history, French or Italian;
- have a proven track record in conducting original scientific research, as demonstrated by publications in reputable scholarly journals;
- have experience in using relevant digital tools, including book history databases and data analytic techniques;
- have a good reading knowledge of Dutch, English, French, Italian, Hebrew and Latin;
- be able to work both as a proactive, creative and independent researcher and as part of an international, interdisciplinary team;
- have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills, and have a relevant international research network;
- be able to support the ERC grant holder in managing tasks and in supervising the PhD candidate working on Jewish book collections;
- be able and prepared to travel to Italy for the data harvesting work required.