Ongeveer 24 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Postdoctoral Researcher for Trace Gas Facility
The Exhaled Biomarkers group at the Trace Gas Facility has a two-year postdoctoral position available in the field of applied mass spectrometry for trace gas …
- Comeniuslaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 4084 - € 4084 per maand
The Exhaled Biomarkers group at the Trace Gas Facility has a two-year postdoctoral position available in the field of applied mass spectrometry for trace gas detection. The position is granted by the Dutch National Research Agenda - NWA route ‘Measuring and Detecting’. The project involves multidisciplinary research, linking scientists from different fields (sensor development, environment sciences, special modelling of atmosphere, and human health). The aim is to design a study in which different sensing technologies and mass spectrometry - are applied in field conditions to detect the exposure of individuals to air pollutants and monitor the effects on human health. Your research objectives will include:
- coordinating research with the partners involved;
- collaborating with the partners to incorporate the existing technologies for implementation into a mobile platform;
- applications of mass spectrometry, such as proton transfer reaction mass spectrometry (PTR-MS), gas chromatography ion mobility spectrometry (GC-IMS) and laser-based spectroscopy for breath analysis and air composition monitoring;
- supervising a second-year PhD student;
- writing and contributing to peer-reviewed publications and promoting the results at international conferences.
- PhD in a physical/chemical science field;
- solid practical background and experience in mass spectrometry, preferably PTR-MS, GC-IMS or GC-MS;
- experience in experimental research, the ability to conduct scientific work;
- good communication skills;
- fluency in English is required; knowledge of Dutch is desirable for setting up networks at different levels, but is not an exclusive prerequisite.
A maximum gross motnhly salary € 4,084 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 10)
you will be classified as a Postdoctoral Researcher, Level 4 in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO).
Radboud University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and as such encourages applications from women and minorities.
Additional informationDr Simona Cristescu
+31 24 3652277