Ongeveer 17 uur geleden - Wageningen UR - Wageningen
Postdoctoral Researcher for Trace Gas Facility
The Exhaled Biomarkers group at the Trace Gas Facility has a two-year postdoctoral position available in the field of applied mass spectrometry for trace gas …
- Comeniuslaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 4166 - € 4166 per maand
The Exhaled Biomarkers group at the Trace Gas Facility has a two-year postdoctoral position available in the field of applied mass spectrometry for trace gas detection. The position is granted by the Dutch National Research Agenda - NWA route ‘Measuring and Detecting’. The project involves multidisciplinary research, linking scientists from different fields (sensor development, environment sciences, special modelling of atmosphere, and human health). The aim is to design a study in which different sensing technologies and mass spectrometry - are applied in field conditions to detect the exposure of individuals to air pollutants and monitor the effects on human health. Your research objectives will include:
- coordinating research with the partners involved;
- collaborating with the partners to incorporate the existing technologies for implementation into a mobile platform;
- applications of mass spectrometry, such as proton transfer reaction mass spectrometry (PTR-MS), gas chromatography ion mobility spectrometry (GC-IMS) and laser-based spectroscopy for breath analysis and air composition monitoring;
- supervising a second-year PhD student;
- writing and contributing to peer-reviewed publications and promoting the results at international conferences.
- PhD in a physical/chemical science field;
- solid practical background and experience in mass spectrometry, preferably PTR-MS, GC-IMS or GC-MS;
- experience in experimental research, the ability to conduct scientific work;
- good communication skills;
- fluency in English is required; knowledge of Dutch is desirable for setting up networks at different levels, but is not an exclusive prerequisite.
- employment: 1.0 FTE
- a maximum gross monthly salary of € 4,166 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 10)
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- duration of the contract: two years
- you will be classified as a Postdoctoral Researcher, Level 4 in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO).
- you will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service where our Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation
Radboud University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and as such encourages applications from women and minorities.
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Dr Simona Cristescu
Telefoon: +31 24 3652277
No commercial propositions please.