1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Postdoctoral Researcher: Gene Regulatory Networks of Hepatocyte Maturation
We are looking to recruit a motivated and ambitious experimental biologist to join us at the Department of Molecular Biology, Radboud Institute for Molecular …
- Comeniuslaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 38 uur
- € 4166 - € 4166 per maand
We are looking to recruit a motivated and ambitious experimental biologist to join us at the Department of Molecular Biology, Radboud Institute for Molecular Life Sciences (RIMLS), Radboud University, Nijmegen, Netherlands. This position is part of a research project, which aims to understand liver development for regenerative medicine and disease modelling.
As the successful applicant, you will be employed to study hepatocyte differentiation. The main aim is to define the intricate regulatory circuitries and transcription factor networks that lead to full maturation of hepatocytes from liver progenitor cells. In order to obtain a comprehensive overview, you will apply a system biology approach (including single-cell transcriptomics and epigenomic approaches) on two state-of-the-art liver models (human iPS cells and organoids). You will further study the key factors identified by gain-of-function and/or loss-of-function approaches. You will have the opportunity to develop novel ideas and work on additional independent projects that align with this research theme.
- a PhD in molecular/cellular biology or a related field;
- highly motivated to work in an interdisciplinary environment at the cutting edge of science;
- experience with in vitro (hepatocyte) differentiation protocols (iPSC, organoids) is essential;
- keen interest in systems biology approaches (including RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq and single-cell profiling approaches);
- excellent communication skills in English;
- strong analytical skills and result-oriented attitude;
- creative thinking and a high degree of independence.
- employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE
- a maximum gross monthly salary of € 4,166 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 10)
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- duration of the contract: two years
- you will be classified as a Postdoctoral Researcher, Level 4 in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO).
- you will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service where our Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation
The Faculty of Science is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and as such encourages applications from women and minorities.
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Dr. Hendrik Marks
Telefoon: +31 24 3610561
Dr. Richard Bartfai
No commercial propositions please.