1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Postdoctoral Researcher in Diversity and Inequality
The Department of Anthropology and Development Studies and the Department of Gender and Diversity Studies at Radboud University are seeking a Postdoctoral …
- Comeniuslaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 38 uur
- € 4852 - € 4852 per maand
The Department of Anthropology and Development Studies and the Department of Gender and Diversity Studies at Radboud University are seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher to strengthen its research on diversity and inequality. The emphasis of this position will be on the intersectionality of different dimensions of inequality, in particular ethnicity, class and gender. You will be requested to conduct ethnographic research into issues emerging from the debate about civic integration in the Netherlands. We are especially interested in the reception infrastructure for the integration and inclusion of new migrants and the question of how different organisations facilitate or hamper this integration process.
You will be expected to:
- perform and publish top-quality research on diversity and inequality;
- prepare a proposal for funding;
- collaborate with staff in the Radboud Social Cultural Research (RSCR) institute and with external scholars;
- perform a small teaching task in collaboration with staff members (0.2 or 0.3 FTE);
- be an inspiring member of our staff with excellent communication skills.
- a PhD degree in cultural anthropology, gender studies or an associated social science field (political science, human geography). If you are close to completing your PhD, please state the defence date;
- an excellent track record in scientific research, as evidenced by publications in international academic journals;
- good social, communication and organisational skills;
- preferably experience in the acquisition of external funding;
- expertise in teaching at an academic level.
- employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE
- a maximum gross monthly salary of € 4,852 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 11)
- the salary is dependent on your level of education and experience
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- duration of the contract: 3 years
- classification in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO): Researcher, Level 3.
- you will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service where our Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation
Intended start date: 1 February 2019.
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Prof. Dr. Marieke van den Brink
Telefoon: +31 24 3612007
Prof. Toon van Meijl
Telefoon: +31 24 3615579
No commercial propositions please.