Wij zoeken per 1 januari 2019 een postdoc onderzoeker, die zich op een praktijkgericht wetenschappelijk project wil toeleggen door NRO gefinancierd. Dit …
Postdoctoral Researcher in Human-Media Interaction
The Communication and Media research programme of the Behavioural Science Institute at Radboud University is seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher to strengthen …
- Comeniuslaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 19 uur
The Communication and Media research programme of the Behavioural Science Institute at Radboud University is seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher to strengthen the group’s research on the intersection of Communication Science and Artificial Intelligence. The emphasis will be on the interaction between individuals and intelligent media technologies. Recent technological developments provide unprecedented opportunities for the development and evaluation of intelligent media technologies that positively influence human behaviour and well-being. Examples of such systems include intelligent agents, serious games, virtual reality applications and/or social robots. We are seeking candidates who are able to contribute to research on the interaction between humans and such intelligent media technologies from two perspectives: (1) from an Artificial Intelligence perspective, developing AI algorithms that can be used to create innovative technologies that make people happy, healthy and well-informed, and (2) from a Communication Science perspective, studying the effects of such intelligent media technologies on human behaviour.
You will be expected to:
• perform top-quality research on the intersection of Artificial Intelligence and Communication Science, with an emphasis on Human-Media Interaction;
• help establish and execute an externally funded research programme;
• interact and collaborate with other researchers and specialists in academia and/or industry;
• be an inspiring member of our staff with excellent communication skills.
- a PhD degree in either Computing Science (e.g. Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science) or the Social and Behavioural Sciences (e.g. Communication Science, Psychology) and a proven affinity for the other domain;
- a highly interdisciplinary attitude, combining expertise in programming with knowledge of theories and research methods relevant to the field of human-media interaction;
- an excellent track record in scientific research, as evidenced by publications in academic journals;
- good social, communication and organisational skills;
- (preferably) experience in the acquisition of external funding.
- employment: 0.5 FTE
- the starting salary is fixed at €3,475 gross per month on full-time basis
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- duration of the contract: 2 years
- university job classification: Researcher, level 3
- you will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service where our Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation
The intended start date is 1 September 2018.
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Tibor Bosse, professor
Telefoon: +3124 361 20 18
No commercial propositions please.