Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Postdoctoral Researcher in Mysticism & Art
The Titus Brandsma Institute is looking for a postdoctoral researcher with expertise in either Mysticism and Art History or Visual Culture Studies. The …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 20 uur
The Titus Brandsma Institute is looking for a postdoctoral researcher with expertise in either Mysticism and Art History or Visual Culture Studies. The research project involved (0.5 FTE) will be part of a broader ongoing study by the Institute examining the role the spiritual and mystical tradition has played in modern visual art (19th-21st century). Why are so many modern artists interested in mysticism? What is it that attracts people interested in spirituality and mysticism to modern art? What does that mutual interest reveal about the social position of spirituality within modern society and culture? As a postdoctoral researcher, you will apply such questions to one or several specific case studies (of your choice), in which you examine the ways in which the works of one or several particular artists are connected to one or various strands within the mystical tradition. You will work towards a scientific book publication and/or a series of scientific essays on this topic.
In addition to research, you will also contribute to the educational programme (in Dutch) for academic and non-academic audiences. You will develop (team-taught) courses, participate in teaching, and chair reading groups. All these educational activities will be based on your expertise and research.
- You hold a PhD in Theology, Philosophy, Religious Studies, History or Arts.
- You have demonstrable familiarity with mystical and Art studies.
- You have proven professional experience in organising scientific conferences and editing scientific publications.
- You have proven professional experience in interdisciplinary research.
- You have proven professional experience in teaching both academic and non-academic audiences.
- You speak and write English and Dutch fluently; you read German and French fluently. Knowledge of Latin would be an asset.
- Employment: 20 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 4,852 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 11).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience.
- Duration of the contract: you will be appointed for an initial period of one year, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by three years.
- The intended start date is 15 January 2020.
- The Titus Brandsma Institute is an independent, non-profit foundation which follows, where possible, Radboud University’s collective labour agreement. New staff members are admitted to the PFZW pension fund.
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Dr. M.A.B.M. De Kesel, Director of Internal and External Affairs
Tel.: + 31 24 361 10 22
Dr. I.M.K. Bocken, Director of Research
Tel.: + 31 24 361 24 28