Postdoctoral Researcher in Visual Cognitive Neuroscience at the Donders Centre for Cognition
A brief glance at a natural scene is often sufficient for understanding the gist of the scene and to detect multiple task-relevant objects as well. This ERC- …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
- € 4978 - € 4978 per maand
A brief glance at a natural scene is often sufficient for understanding the gist of the scene and to detect multiple task-relevant objects as well. This ERC-funded project examines the neural basis of factors that make naturalistic vision so effortless, including statistical learning, object grouping, context-based predictions, and top-down attentional guidance.
As a researcher, you will be expected to take the lead in developing and performing neuroimaging experiments (fMRI, EEG, MEG, or TMS) addressing one of these factors, measuring and analyzing responses in high-level visual cortex during naturalistic visual perception.
You should hold a PhD in cognitive neuroscience, psychology, or a related field, and have relevant experience in visual perception research and a strong motivation to pursue a scientific career. Experience with fMRI, EEG/MEG, and/or TMS is highly desirable, as is experience with scientific programming (e.g. MATLAB, Python). You will work in a highly collaborative lab environment and you will be expected to participate actively in lab events, discussions, and research collaborations.
- Employment: 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 4,978 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 11).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: 2 years.
- Start date is flexible.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Marius Peelen, Principal Investigator
Tel.: +31 24 361 15 62
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature