Ongeveer 14 uur geleden - College voor de toelating van gewasbeschermingsmiddelen en biociden (Ctgb) - Ede
Postdoctoral Researcher on Gene Regulation of Malaria Parasites
We are looking to recruit an ambitious experimental biologist to join us at the Department of Molecular Biology in Radboud University Nijmegen. We aim to …
- Comeniuslaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 4166 - € 4166 per maand
We are looking to recruit an ambitious experimental biologist to join us at the Department of Molecular Biology in Radboud University Nijmegen. We aim to explore gene regulatory mechanisms that govern the development of the malaria parasite throughout its complicated life cycle. Your task, as a postdoctoral researcher, will primarily be to use and combine state-of-the-art ‘omics and functional genomic approaches (e.g. ChIP-seq, single-cell RNA-seq, quantitative proteomics) in order to gain insights into epigenetic and transcriptional mechanisms governing parasite development during and beyond intraerythrocytic stages (e.g. gametocytes or liver stages). You will have the opportunity to develop novel ideas and work on additional independent projects that align with this research theme.
- a PhD in molecular/cellular biology or a related field;
- experience with malaria parasites is a not essential, but an advantage;
- experience and/or keen interest in systems biology approaches (including RNA-, ChIP-, ATAC-seq, proteomics, metabolomic or single-cell transcriptomic approaches);
- affinity with bioinformatic analysis of large datasets;
- excellent communication skills in English;
- strong analytical skills and a result-oriented attitude;
- creative thinking and a high degree of independence.
- employment: 1.0 FTE
- a maximum gross monthly salary of € 4,166 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 10)
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- duration of the contract: 1.5 years with intention for extension
- classification in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO): Postdoctoral Researcher, Level 4
- you will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service where our Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation
The Faculty of Science is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and as such encourages applications from women and minorities.
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Dr. Richard Bartfai
Telefoon: +31 24 3610561
No commercial propositions please.