Postdoctoral Researcher on Metabolic Biomarker Identification
The Translational Metabolic Laboratory (TML, Radboud university medical center) and the FELIX Laboratory (Radboud University) are together seeking a …
- Comeniuslaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 38 uur
- € 4166 - € 4166 per maand
The Translational Metabolic Laboratory (TML, Radboud university medical center) and the FELIX Laboratory (Radboud University) are together seeking a postdoctoral researcher to lead a recently funded research project connecting our two laboratories (The FELIX-TML Collaboration: A New Route to Biomarker Discovery in Medicine). This project aims to develop the ongoing collaborative research in our labs on metabolite screening and identification – finally establishing an analytical service available to outside researchers in metabolomics and other fields involving molecular structure identification in complex mixtures. The goal of the project is to solidify the connection between the unique experimental infrastructures of our two laboratories and to develop and carry out new applications of infrared ion spectroscopy (IRIS). In addition, the position will involve networking and development of PR material in order to draw international attention to the availability of this technology to outside parties.
As a postdoctoral researcher you will perform experiments and manage total workflow between the two labs: performing both QTOF-MS and IRIS experiments, sample selection and transfer, interpretation and reporting of results to collaborators. You will validate and publish the developed protocols and methods. Furthermore, you will build up a network of past and potentially new collaborators in the metabolomics and analytical sciences communities. You will manage the development of promotional material (website, You Tube video, etc.) for the metabolite ID service.
- a PhD in the chemical or clinical sciences, preferably biochemistry;
- expertise and experience in different bioanalytical methodologies is beneficial; experience in mass spectrometry is required;
- knowledge in the fields of metabolomics, clinical chemistry, and/or synthetic organic chemistry is highly valuable;
- excellent communication skills in English;
- in general, enthusiasm for collaboration and cooperation with researchers from around the world.
- employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE
- a maximum gross monthly salary of € 4,166 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 10)
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- duration of the contract: two years
- classification in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO): Researcher, Level 4
- you will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service where our Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Dr. Jonathan Martens
Dr. Karlien Coene
No commercial propositions please.