Ongeveer 14 uur geleden - Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA) - Amsterdam
Postdoctoral Researcher on 'Responsible Research and Innovation'
As a postdoctoral researcher you will work on Responsible Research and Innovation in synthetic biology for the SafeChassis project – a collaboration with …
- Comeniuslaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 19 - 30 uur
- € 4166 - € 4166 per maand
As a postdoctoral researcher you will work on Responsible Research and Innovation in synthetic biology for the SafeChassis project – a collaboration with Wageningen University and Research (coordinator), Yale and MIT. SafeChassis is a project under NWO-TTW’s biosafety programme.
You will act as an intermediary, participating in events and workshops to facilitate stakeholder involvement. Your task will be to disseminate the goals of our subproject to all involved, and initiate individual dialogues. Your reports in these will be the input for a research paper; you will be encouraged to author or co-author.
Your position stimulates a responsive and responsible approach to Synthetic Biology in terms of a focus on the ‘soft impacts’ of techno-scientific research: the value of life, naturalness, perceptions of safety in bioengineering.
The project considers the ‘genres of the imagination’ (creative research in bio-arts, literature, science fiction and cinema/television) as key material for diagnosing the zeitgeist of the present state of affairs in Synbio Research. SafeChassis searches for a common ground between laboratories (life science research), libraries (humanities research) and studios (artistic research).
- you have relevant expertise in the 'creative' commons of techno-science, the arts and the humanities; between academia and societal stakeholders;
- a postdoctoral level, eagerness to publish critical academic material is preferred;
- you are familiar with a pragmatic hands-on 'action research' approach;
- knowledge of the RRI concept.
- employment: 0.5 - 0.8 FTE
- a maximum gross monthly salary of € 4,166 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 10)
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- duration of the contract: until 1 September 2020, depending on part-time position
- classification in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO): Researcher, Level 4
- you will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service where our Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Laurens Landeweerd, assistant professor
Telefoon: +31 647804280
No commercial propositions please.