Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Professor (by special appointment) of Feminism and Christianity
The Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies is looking for a suitable candidate to occupy the vacant Catharina Halkes professorship (by special …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 8 uur
The Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies is looking for a suitable candidate to occupy the vacant Catharina Halkes professorship (by special appointment) in Feminism and Christianity. The professorship is named after Catharina Halkes, who was the very first full professor of Feminism and Christianity in the Netherlands, appointed in 1983. The Catharina Halkes Fund has decided to continue her legacy with this professorship, hoping to strengthen research in the domain of feminism and Christianity at Radboud University, which has a remarkable tradition in this domain.The faculty is looking for a candidate who:
- Is a trained theologian and acquainted with the research domain of feminist theology in the Netherlands and worldwide.
- Has a recognisable position within the domain and is willing to contribute to its vitality.
- Will develop a particular research line in the context of the faculty's current research, extending the traditional investigations at the crossroads of religion and gender in general and feminism and Christianity in particular into a new direction.
- Will contribute to the faculty's teaching, particularly to the Master's seminars in Systematic Theology.
- In her/his research and teaching, will address the relationship between gender and other issues such as exclusion, race and colonialism and postcolonialism.
- Excellent track record in both research and teaching in the areas mentioned above.
- Proven experience in supervising/co-supervising PhD candidates.
- A good international network in the aforementioned research areas and a willingness to use this network for the benefit of students and colleagues in Nijmegen.
- The willingness and capability to teach in English.
- The willingness to come to Nijmegen for an average of one day a week.
- Employment: 8 hours per week.
- This is an unpaid position.
- The usual rights and privileges of a professorship will be available, as will be the right to apply for faculty funding for conferences, travels or extra research. The faculty will also make a budget available for expenses incurred.
- Duration of the contract: 3 years with the possibility of a 5-year extension.
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Prof. dr. C. Hübenthal, Full professor Systematic religious studies