Professor of Ancient Egyptian Religion (by special appointment)
The faculty PTRS and the board of the Jozef M.A. Janssen Foundation invite applications for the endowed chair of Antique Religions, especially Ancient …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 8 uur
The faculty PTRS and the board of the Jozef M.A. Janssen Foundation invite applications for the endowed chair of Antique Religions, especially Ancient Egyptian Religion. This chair was established in 1987 at Radboud University Nijmegen. The previous chair holder closely collaborated with the Institute of Eastern Christian Studies (IECS/IVOC), which is based at the Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies, linking the founding discipline of the Chair, i.e. Egyptian religions, with the study of the Coptic language and the history and culture of Coptic Christianity, as well as with scholar within the Faculty of Arts. It is this double focus on the religions of Antiquity and their relations to Christianity, especially the continuities and ruptures between Egyptian religions and the Coptic tradition, that the board of the foundation would like to see continued in the years to come. The board of the Jozef M.A. Janssen Foundation and the faculty are looking for a candidate who:
- contributes to the Faculty’s teaching and research in the field of Egyptology, Ancient Religions and Early Christianity with one or more courses;
- initiates and supervises PhD research in one or more of these areas; - contributes to the further development of the library collection in this field;
- contributes to academic activities that are organised in by the Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies, IVOC and the Faculty of Arts.
- An excellent track record in both teaching and research in one of the areas mentioned above.
- Proven experience in supervising/co-supervising PhD candidates.
- A solid international academic network and a willingness to use that network for the benefit of students and colleagues in Nijmegen.
- To regularly come to Nijmegen (on average one day a week in term time; equivalents of that in longer concentrated periods are open to discussion).
- Appointment: 8 hours per week.
- This is an unpaid position. The Faculty will make a budget available for expenses incurred.
- Duration of the contract: 3 years with possibility of extension with 5 years.
- The intended start date is 1 October 2020.
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Prof. dr. Paul van de Velde, professor Asion religions
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature