1 dag geleden - Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen - Groningen
Research Assistant in Medieval Manuscript Studies
As research assistant you will contribute to the ERC project 'Patristic Sermons in the Middle Ages' and the VENI project 'On the trail of Alanus of Farfa'. …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 20 uur
- € 3445 - € 3445 per maand
As research assistant you will contribute to the ERC project 'Patristic Sermons in the Middle Ages' and the VENI project 'On the trail of Alanus of Farfa'.These two research projects involve the creation of a database, containing fully searchable metadata on medieval manuscripts that transmit late-antique sermons. You will assist the researchers working on these projects and be responsible for gathering and transcribing data from manuscripts, as well as coordinating data exchange with manuscript libraries and online repositories. Your primary tasks are:
- Compiling a corpus of manuscripts containing patristic sermon collections, as well as relevant bibliography.
- Searching through printed catalogues and online databases for relevant data on the manuscripts.
- Transcribing the data and inputting them into the database.
- Contributing to the conceptual design of the database.
- Communicating with libraries and coordinating automated data input from existing databases.
- Excellent knowledge of Latin.
- Experience with manuscript studies, codicology, Latin paleography.
- Knowledge of English (mandatory), knowledge of French, Italian, and/or German (desirable).
- Experience working with manuscript catalogues is a plus.
- Excellent communication and social skills.
- Organisational skills, accuracy.
- Willingness to acquire basic knowledge of programming and database design.
- Willingness to travel for short field trips to archives and libraries in Europe.
- Employment: 20 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 3.445 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 8).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: one year initially, with the possibility of extension to a maximum of three years.
- Radboud University values a diverse workforce; female candidates are therefore particularly encouraged to apply. The intended starting date is 1 January 2020 (negotiable).
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Shari Boodts, Senior Researcher
Tel.: + 31 24 3612198