Research Engineer in Environmental Science
The Environmental Science group at Radboud University studies the effects of human activities on the environment, typically using process-based or data-driven …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
- € 4274 - € 4274 per maand
The Environmental Science group at Radboud University studies the effects of human activities on the environment, typically using process-based or data-driven models building on multiple large datasets. We are looking for a research engineer to increase the efficiency of our research activities by improving our data management and optimising our model codes. As a research engineer, you will be assisting the research staff (from PhD candidates to professors) in data management and analysis by optimising hardware (managing the cluster and cloud-based facilities) and advising on software (packages and coding), both on an individual basis and by giving group workshops. You will also play a role in our group’s teaching activities by assisting in various BSc/MSc courses that include programming or modelling components (e.g. the Introduction to R Programming course).
We are looking for a motivated candidate who meets the following requirements:
- You hold a PhD degree in a relevant discipline (environmental science, ecology).
- You are a proficient programmer, preferably in R and Python, with expertise in distributed (cloud-based) computation.
- You have proven experience with retrieving, harmonising, organising and storing large datasets.
- You have affinity for and preferably experience in teaching (BSc/MSc level). You have a good command of spoken and written English.
- You like to work in a team.
- Employment: - 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 4.274 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 10).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience. The salary depends on education and (relevant) work experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: 1 year with possible extension to permanent contract.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Dr. Aafke Schipper, Assistant Professor
Prof. dr. Mark Huijbregts,