Researcher or Technician Cell Biology
The Plant Systems Physiology group at Radboud University is dedicated to advancing the understanding and improvement of plant development, growth and …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 4274 - € 4274 per maand
The Plant Systems Physiology group at Radboud University is dedicated to advancing the understanding and improvement of plant development, growth and functioning under suboptimal environmental conditions, by combining quantitative experimental, computational, and theoretical studies. As a researcher/technician in our group, you will be primarily responsible for executing, supporting and supervising conventional and modern cell biological experiments and corresponding quantifications. Furthermore, you will be involved in undergraduate teaching and have a number of lab management tasks. You will work independently under the supervision of the group’s scientific staff and in close collaboration with other support staff, postdoctoral researchers, PhD candidates and BSc/MSc students.
- You hold a higher academic or professional degree in the broad field of cell biology and preferably have at least several years of work experience.
- You have hands-on expertise in cell biological techniques, including microscopy (LM, FM, CLSM, EM). You have experience with or a strong interest in learning to work with cutting-edge and emerging live-cell imaging technologies.
- You are strongly motivated to learn and apply new and advanced cell biological and plant phenotyping techniques.
- You are a hardworking team player with excellent communication skills and good English language proficiency.
- You have an interest in teaching practical skills to BSc, MSc and PhD students.
- You are creative and work in a structured and focused way.
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 4.274 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 10).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: 1 year initially, after which you may be offered a permanent contract.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Jian Xu, full professor and head of department
Tel.: +31 24 365 27 77
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature