1 dag geleden - Universiteit Twente (UT) - Enschede
Seven PhD Candidates for the Behavioural Science Institute Graduate School
The Behavioural Science Institute (BSI) Graduate School offers talented Master’s students the opportunity to become PhD candidates in Behavioural Science. If …
- Comeniuslaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
The Behavioural Science Institute (BSI) Graduate School offers talented Master’s students the opportunity to become PhD candidates in Behavioural Science. If you are interested, we invite you to apply for our 2019 PhD positions.
In your application, please write down the keywords that represent your research interests. Pick one or more of these interests and write a short research proposal that fits in with the research being conducted at the BSI. Your proposal should describe a study that you would like to conduct.
The proposal serves two goals: it is an opportunity to propose new and original research, and it is a demonstration of your current research competencies. If you are selected, your actual project may differ from the proposal. This will be determined together with your supervisors.
You must have a Master’s degree (e.g. a Research Master’s degree in Behavioural Science, Psychology, Educational Science, or Communication Science) as well as excellent research, methodological and statistical skills.
All applications must be submitted in the form of three separate PDF files:
1) A motivation letter of not more than 1 page. Also state how your research interests fit in with the research being conducted at the BSI.
2) A curriculum vitae including all grades obtained for the BSc and MSc degrees
3) A document containing your keywords and research proposal (750 words max.) including:
-Theory, research questions and hypotheses (approx. 250 words)
-Methods (approx. 300 words)
-Expected results and societal relevance (approx. 200 words)
For the keywords and proposal, please use the format provided on www.ru.nl/bsi/graduate-school/phd-positions-2019/ and convert it to PDF once completed for submission.
- employment: 1.0 FTE
- the starting salary is €2,325 per month on a full-time basis, the salary will increase to €2,972 per month in the fourth year (P-scale)
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- you will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years
- as part of the contract, you will participate in teaching for approximately 10% of your work time
- you will be classified as a PhD candidate (Promovendus) in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO)
- you will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service where our Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation
Intended start date is 1 September 2019.
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Ralph Jaspers, manager of operations
Telefoon: +31 24 361 20 23
Prof. Toon Cillessen, director
No commercial propositions please.