About 23 hours - Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG) - Groningen
The Faculty of Science and Engineering has a vacancy for a tenure-track assistant professor in Nano electronics and spintronics of 2D materials and devices in …
As Assistant Professor of Information Retrieval, your research programme will help strengthen iCIS’s Data Science department’s Information Retrieval (IR) …
As Assistant Professor of Information Retrieval, your research programme will help strengthen iCIS’s Data Science department’s Information Retrieval (IR) research on topics including personalisation, heterogeneous information access, entity-oriented search and multi-media information retrieval, in close collaboration with Prof. Arjen P. de Vries and Prof. Martha Larson. You will engage in original research in data science, and Information Retrieval in particular, disseminate your research in the SIGIR community, and contribute to experimental software to support our research. You will co-supervise a PhD candidate in the recently acquired SQIREL-GRAPHS project, which explores the problem of query processing over evolving graph databases, where structured queries formulated in a graph query language are combined with `keyword' queries and the ranking function takes into account the graph structure. You further contribute to research to decentralise search and to simultaneously improve search effectiveness in the context of user tasks while enhancing their privacy.
You will teach at the Bachelor’s and Master’s levels and will supervise students of Computing Science, Information Science, and Artificial Intelligence (e.g. research internships, BSc and MSc theses). The IR staff teaches Big Data (Bsc), Information Retrieval (MSc), Text and Multimedia Mining (MSc), and a Research Seminar (MSc), and coordinates the Data Science specialisation in the Master’s degree programme of Computing Science.
Finally, you will contribute to industrial and societal knowledge utilisation and the visibility of iCIS in the Netherlands and abroad.
The position is intended for a junior faculty member to be appointed at the Assistant Professor level, but if you are an experienced candidate with an established research programme, external funding and significant teaching experience, you may be considered for an appointment at the Associate Professor level.
- a PhD degree in a relevant area (computer science or a cognate discipline);
- high-quality academic publications in the area of Information Retrieval, preferably with links to ongoing research at iCIS;
- excellent programming skills;
- the ability to develop an independent line of research;
- a clear vision on teaching, outstanding didactic skills, and teaching experience;
- the ability to teach a range of topics in the Bachelor’s degree programme of Computing Science, and Information Retrieval and Databases in particular;
- willingness to teach a course on Information Retrieval in the Master’s degree programme of Computing Science;
- excellent communication skills towards colleagues, students, and non-experts;
- eagerness to collaborate with other iCIS researchers.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature