Ongeveer 14 uur geleden - Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA) - Amsterdam
Tenure-Track Assistant Professor of Wetland Biogeochemistry and Conservation
As a tenure-track assistant professor, you are able to define and carry out innovative experimental research that links biogeochemistry to conservation …
- Comeniuslaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 38 uur
- € 4852 - € 4852 per maand
As a tenure-track assistant professor, you are able to define and carry out innovative experimental research that links biogeochemistry to conservation biology and restoration ecology, in collaboration with other members of our department and institute.
You know how to scale up micro-level experiments to community, ecosystem and landscape scales, and you share our strong affinity with the application of fundamental knowledge to solve societal issues.
As an enthusiastic teacher, you will actively contribute to field, experimental and theoretical ecology courses in the undergraduate and graduate Biology programs.
All research activities of our department fall into one or more of the following research themes:
1. Biogeochemistry, conservation and management of wetlands;
2. Greenhouse gas emissions from wetlands;
3. Microbial ecology of wetlands;
4. Green solutions: paludiculture and water treatment.
Your main focus will be on theme 1.
You are a talented and enthusiastic wetland/aquatic/marine ecologist with a broad background in applied biogeochemistry and conservation ecology.
You have completed a PhD thesis related to wetland ecology and biogeochemistry, and have expertise in linking biogeochemistry, applied ecology, and wetland management in order to address issues such as increased eutrophication, drought, salinization and biodiversity loss.
You show a natural affinity with research at different spatial scales, and with interdisciplinary research. You have a number of years of postdoctoral experience relevant in this field and look forward to advising PhD candidates and teaching and advising students. Your publication record is excellent and you have affinity with acquiring external funding.
- employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE
- a maximum gross monthly salary of € 4,852 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 11)
- starting salary will depend on experience
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- your performance will be evaluated after 6 years. If the evaluation is positive, you will be given a permanent contract
- you will be classified as an Assistant Professor (UD) in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO)
- you will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service where our Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation
Radboud University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and as such encourages applications from women and minorities.
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Prof. Leon Lamers, head of department
Telefoon: +31 24 3652902
Dr. Sarian Kosten
Telefoon: +31 24 3652472
No commercial propositions please.