Ongeveer 14 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Three Assistant Professors: Social Psychology / Work & Organisational Psychology
You will teach courses at the School of Psychology, including the Bachelor's domain 'Behaviour and Environment', the Master's programmes in 'Behaviour Change' …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 5656 - € 5656 per maand
You will teach courses at the School of Psychology, including the Bachelor's domain 'Behaviour and Environment', the Master's programmes in 'Behaviour Change' and 'Work, Organisation and Health', and the Research Master's programme in Behavioural Science. Teaching will be in Dutch and English. You will supervise psychology students writing Bachelor's and Master's theses. Over time, you will independently improve, develop and coordinate your own courses. We approach teaching as teamwork and organise regular meetings to discuss challenges and opportunities, and to learn from each other.
You will conduct research in the Behaviour Change and Well-being (BCW) programme and/or Work, Health, and Performance (WHP) programme. The mission of both programmes is to conduct innovative research on the psychological processes underlying human behaviour in social contexts (BCW) and work and organisational contexts (WHP) respectively, and to do so in a transparent and sound manner. We encourage collaboration with researchers from other programmes offered by the Behavioural Science Institute (BSI).
For the current positions, we particularly encourage candidates with the following research and teaching profiles to apply:
- For position A: In the area of experimental research on the social cognitive aspects of behaviour change (or a related field such as social influence); or
- For position B: In the area of work and organisations in a digital society (preferred; or work-related health behaviour, or sustainability at work); or
- For position C: On the cutting edge of both research programmes (e.g. in the area of motivation, health behaviour, behaviour change, or self-control) and teaching programmes ('Behaviour Change' and 'Work, Organisation and Health').
You will be expected to:
- Contribute to the development of teaching, and to carry out and coordinate excellent and innovative teaching in Dutch and English (50%).
- Be an inspiring, motivating and conscientious supervisor of internships as well as of BA and MA theses.
- Perform and publish top-quality research (50%).
- Apply for external funding by submitting research proposals.
- Collaborate with researchers from the research programmes, other research groups at BSI, and external scholars.
- Be an inspiring member of staff with excellent communication skills.
- Have or develop a network of national and international partners.
- A PhD degree in social psychology, work and organisational psychology, or a related and relevant field.
- An inspiring teacher with expertise in teaching at an academic level in Dutch and English.
- A university teaching qualification (BKO or equivalent), or proven experience in the development of teaching.
- A track record in scientific research evidenced by publications in international academic journals.
- Research practices that increase transparency in social science (e.g. pre-registration, data sharing), or the willingness to adopt such an approach.
- A team player with good social, communication and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with, diverse and advanced research methods and techniques.
- Willingness to regularly apply for external grant-based funding. Evidence of previous successful grant applications will be a plus.
- An excellent command of written and spoken English (C1 level).
- Good command of spoken and written Dutch (or the willingness to learn Dutch within two years).
- For position A (Social Psychology) women are particularly encouraged to apply (to balance gender diversity within the BCW programme).
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 5.656 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 12).
- The salary depends on your education and relevant work experience (scale 11 or 12).
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: 2 years, with the possibility of extension to a permanent position upon positive evaluation after 2 years.
- Intended start date: as soon as possible.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Additional informationFor more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Prof. Dr. Rob Holland
Tel.: +3124 361 26 81
Prof. Dr. Sabine Geurts
Tel.: +3124 361 25 36
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature