Two PhD Candidates in Software and Data Science
We are looking for excellent PhD and postdoctoral candidates to work on the PrimaVera project. PrimaVera stands for 'Predictive maintenance for Very effective …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 2972 - € 2972 per maand
We are looking for excellent PhD and postdoctoral candidates to work on the PrimaVera project. PrimaVera stands for 'Predictive maintenance for Very effective asset management' and is a multidisciplinary project funded within the framework of the prestigious Dutch National Research agenda.
The overall challenge in PrimaVera is to turn the grand promises in predictive maintenance into reality. Through an effective combination of sensor techniques, big data analysis, and maintenance engineering, we want to significantly improve failure predictions to render maintenance more effective.
You will work on an effective combination of formal methods (such as fault trees, stochastic model checking) and data analytics (decision trees, Bayesian networks, neural networks, reinforcement learning, POMDPs). PrimaVera is a joint project with the Eindhoven University of Technology, University of Twente, Saxion, Hague University of Applied Sciences, Dutch Aerospace Laboratory, and several industrial partners. You will be expected to participate in a fruitful collaboration with the industrial partners, for example, by carrying out an industrial case study.
- Enthusiastic students with an MSc degree in Computer Science or Mathematics (and a demonstrable interest in computer science).
- You should have a thorough theoretical background, and an interest in the verification of complex, industrial systems.
- Experience with formal methods, probability theory, data analytics, and/or maintenance is helpful.
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- The gross starting salary amounts to €2,325 per month, and will increase to €2,972 in the fourth year (p scale).
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: You will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
For more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Dr. Nils Jansen, Assistant Professor
Tel.: + 31 24 3652611
Prof. dr. Marielle Stoelinga
Tel.: + 31 24 3652069