Two Postdoctoral Researchers in MRI Diffusion-Weigthed Imaging
Applications are invited for two postdoctoral researchers in the MR Techniques group at the Radboud University, Donders Institute (PI: David Norris). They …
- Comeniuslaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 38 uur
- € 4852 - € 4852 per maand
Applications are invited for two postdoctoral researchers in the MR Techniques group at the Radboud University, Donders Institute (PI: David Norris). They will work together on a project funded by the Dutch Science Foundation (NWO) on high spatial resolution diffusion-weighted MRI for the detection of small brain infarcts, traumatic brain injury and cholesteatoma. The project is a collaboration between the Donders Institute, Siemens Healthineers, MR Coils BV, and the university medical centres of Antwerp, Nijmegen and Utrecht. The appointees will form a team that will develop basic pulse sequences and reconstruction algorithms, test these on healthy volunteers in the initial phase and then transfer the final techniques to the clinic, where, together with radiologists and neurologists, the protocols will be assessed and further refined.
You should be in possession of, or have submitted a PhD thesis in MRI at the time of appointment.
Postdoc 1 (4-year contract at 1.0 FTE) will have a primary emphasis on pulse sequence development. Knowledge of diffusion-weighted imaging, turbo-spin-echo sequences, C++, or the Siemens IDEA programming environment would be highly advantageous.
Postdoc 2 (3-year contract at 1.0 FTE) will be mainly responsible for image reconstruction. Previous experience with reconstructing partial-parallel and or simultaneous multi-slice data sets using Siemens (ICE), Philips or Gadgetron platforms would be a considerable advantage.
For both positions, a good knowledge of MR physics and strong programming skills are essential. Both positions require good organisational and communication skills, and the ability to work in a tight-knit team.
- employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE
- a maximum gross monthly salary of € 4,852 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 11)
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- term of contract: Postdoc 1: 4-year contract at 1.0 FTE (or 5-year contract at 0.8 FTE), Postdoc 2: 3-year contract at 1.0 FTE (or 4-year contract at 0.8 FTE)
- intended start date: 1 April 2019
- job profile: Researcher, Level 3
- you will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service where our Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation
Radboud University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and as such encourages applications from women and minorities.
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
David Norris, Professor
Telefoon: +31 24 36 10651
No commercial propositions please.